Saturday, December 22, 2007

Perspective on Pay Per Play

I've been watching the promotion of a new PPP (pay per play) advertising program and wondering whether or not it will be a viable medium as an advertising platform. I don't just jump into things anymore so I have been doing a bit of due diligence to check things out. What I have found on PPP has not been kind. If PPP seems a bit familiar it's because a few years ago there was a company called "Voice2Page" that was touting it. Now it seems to have morphed into a new company "NetAudioAds" that is touting it as something that will replace Google Adsense.

I personally find automatic audio a bit obtrusive and many traffic exchanges will not accept sites with automatic audio. I seriously doubt that it will pose any threat at all to Google even if does manage to get off the ground. My search also indicated that a lot of former affiliates for Voice2Page have not been paid. If a company is not sincere enough to square things with former affiliates I doubt that it will last long enough to be square with the new ones.


Still, I allways advise people to do their own "due diligence". Here is an article that may help you get started.

Pay Per Play Scam Alert



Ledon.com- Bargains, Deals, and More

No comments: